
1.
I had followed Danni to the radiation theatre to take a few shoots. The radiologist in charge wasn’t particularly impressed. Danni went mad on me… Little embarrassed, I didn’t really free myself in there. I didn’t get close enough to the table. Probably I won’t have another chance (anytime soon).
I should thank Danni that allow me to record the days in a documentary style so far. On one hand she would like to see a journey record; also we hoped her story to inspire many others. More importantly, she supported me on photography.
Very few people in the hospital would like to be photographed, let along a cancer hospital. In conversations, people deliberately let pass the word ‘Ai’ (cancer). Having photos taken is like the extreme to remind them the cruel fact they had tried hard to leave behind.
A few days ago a film crew was here to take some shoots for a programme. Nobody wanted it, no even the ex-patients, now volunteer workers in the ‘Ray of Life’ club. Danni helped them. But that was just because she is kindness Danni, deep inside she wasn’t 100% sure.
Danni was brave and stood up to the challenge very well. Still she only wanted the happy side of her being photographed.
2.
The Artificial Salvia Spray has stroke a cord to heart. A day ago I read and confirmed that it would help to relief dry mouth symptom. This is common for cancer patients that received radiation around neck, face area.
I made a call to Danni’s GP, Dr. Anwar in England. He wasn’t there. But another Doctor swiftly prescribed some Artificial Salvia Spray that Danni needed. Then contacted another friend, Paul to help us to pick it up from the surgery and send them to us. It went much simple than I have thought it could be.
I should have thought of this earlier, so Danni wouldn’t have to wait one or two weeks for it to arrive.
Don’t let this photo fool you, it was just temporary mark left by the mask, which tightly coupled and pressed against face.
1 comment:
Danni is so brave! I am sure this blog will encourage loads of people who have the similiar experience. At least to me- I feel I need cherish my health.
Thanks Danni and Toad!
Smelly xxx
Post a Comment