2008-06-29

29/06/2008

Danni was discharged (finally) yesterday after the additional radiotherapy and some probation in hospital. If I had been imagined a joyful event on this long waiting day, it wasn't what it really was. Not least for the drizzly rain.

In reality it was more felt like a safety harness was cut and we were going to face a ‘reality’. Admission to hospital for near four months had left a sense of ivory tower here. Now the real living begin again.

Collected Danni’s medical report, all MRI scan films, and prescribed drugs and settled the hospital bill. Danni had the medic port removed from the vein.

'Okay mate, we had done our bit. Now it was your turn. Good luck.'

We planned to have Ryan, me and Qiuheng (mother in law) to leave for Britain at around 08/July, while Danni will be looked after by my mother, until she would have one month check-up done. Hopefully by then she would be fit for travel soon.

It was true I have been missed Britain, the second home. At 20 passed 7 o'clock every morning, while I would be driving on M6 approaching junction 10 traffic congestion, Radio 4 Today programme would hear John Humphrys would say 'now the business update with Greg...' The house that looked after by my neighbour John and best friend Paul.

Yet I would also miss Danni in a week's time.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

have came back to london? lucy

Anonymous said...

Hi Toad, please keep updating the blog for us...If there is anything I can do please let me know.

Smelly

Anonymous said...

Hi, Roger

Have you came back UK with Danni? All our staff miss her, hope she is well and recovering. please keep in contact to see how things are going when you are free.

Jin