2008-03-31

31/03/2008

It is getting closer and closer to the deadline, Ryan would be illegal to stay will his ma and pa. I decide to apply his Visa extension in Macao. Been told on balance, Macao is easier and cheaper to get to, and it takes a few hours instead of overnight to process once there.

For a few red tapes risks, I could not use my PRC passport to visit Macao. I have to apply a special visit permit which designed for PRC citizen to Hong Kong and Macao. It is the same in every regard to a normal passport but colour of the book. And of course the Visa is issued by the PRC authority instead of HK or Macao SAR authority.

Filled application form. Got my passport photo taken in a shop next door. Not a busy time, three lads were playing online game or watching online movie. Two Nikon D70 Digital cameras were setup, facing a white background. Little touch-up and cropping, then photo was instantly classified and add into the application record. '

It is done. bring this recipe to the counter, they will match the application form with your photo.' The lad minimised the processing window, passed a few prints to me, contained in an envelop then back to his movie.

Although I still have to paste a passport size print to the paper application form. It is rather like a formality than necessary.

At the counter, the uniform worker quickly check though the application form, and take a mugshot of me using a webcam.

I asked why, she grossly over quickly something related to 'collecting facts.' Also I am told visit to Macao could only be granted once per year, single entry. Maybe a way to cop gambling problem.

If everything goes to plan, I shall be able to get my permit in 15 working day.

Checked the travel options at a travel agent. 88 yuan to Venetian's contains a meal, to another one contains two meals. Just coach costs 60 yuan for a return. Very cheap, going to Hong Kong would cost at least 3 times more for a return, though similar travel distance. Guess it must be subsided by gamble/entertainment groups.

No comments: